The MDDTT Competitions are composed of:
Team, Officer, Duet, Trio, Ensemble and Solo Divisions.
Regional Contest Pricing (price/entry)
Small Ensemble (4-8 dancers): $155
Medium Ensemble (9-12 dancers): $165
Large Ensemble (13-19 dancers): $175
Extra Large Ensemble (20+ dancers): $185
Social Officer Dance: $200
Tops in Texas Solo: $75
State Contest Pricing (price/entry)
Small Ensemble (4-8 dancers): $170
Medium Ensemble (9-12 dancers): $180
Large Ensemble (13-19 dancers): $190
Extra Large Ensemble (20+ dancers): $200
Social Officer Dance: $215
Tops in Texas Solo: $85
(ages as of Aug 31, 2017)
Tiny/Mascot - (6 and under)
Minis/Elementary (9 and under)
Youth/Intermediate (12 and under)
Juniors - (14 and under)
Seniors - (18 and under)
Public /Private School Divisions
Small High School (6 - 20 dancers)
Medium High School (21- 40 dancers)
Large High School (41-60 dancers)
Extra Large High School (61 + dancers)
All Male Division
Team, Elite & Officer
Jazz, Kick, Lyrical, Military, Novelty, Modern, Contemporary, Open, Hip Hop, Pom & Prop
1. Each entry must be a minimum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 3 minutes in length.
2. Entrances and exits are not judged and a total of 5 minutes is allowed in the team category.
Duets, Trios, Small, Medium,Large and X-Large Ensembles
(If you are not registered as a TEAM you are considered an independent soloist)
Solos - Tops In Texas - each grade level competes with their grade level at all competitions.
1. Routine should be between 1.5 and 3 minutes in length .
2. The winner of each age category in Tops in Texas will perform in the gym before awards ceremony. Each category in solos will be categorized separately by grades. (ex - there will be a 3rd grade winner, 4th grade winner etc.)
Soloist not accompanied by a team and director must register as an independent.
1. Routine should be between 1.5 and 3 minutes in length
1. Music may be played from an CD/MP3/IPod/IPad player with a 1/8 in ear phone jack. You must have a representative at the table to work the device.
2. The device must be fully charged, and on airplane mode with screen saver off.
3. Each song should be on an assigned playlist.
4. If using a CD -Must have a good quality CD - the quality of music depends on the quality of the recording levels of the CD. They should be professionally done.
SOMETIMES the competition area does not have wifi capability. Please be sure you have a CD backup
Please contact Cathy Arellano at MDDTTexasreg@gmail.com or 713-705-9490 for additional information.
Copyright Miss Dance Drill Team Texas. All rights reserved.